Air guns UK - air pistols and air guns » Info and Legal
| Info and Legal
| It is illegal to buy so much as an airgun pellet until the age of 17.
You do not need a license to buy or own any guns featured on this site.
· It is illegal to use airguns anywhere except on private land with
· All animals and birds are protected by law. Pest species can only be killed by “authorised persons” – i.e. on private land with permission.
· It is illegal to make a gift of an airgun or ammunition to anyone aged under 14.
· A person under the age of fourteen can only legally handle an air gun if they are supervised by a person aged over 21 AT ALL TIMES. This would even apply in the home.
· It is estimated that there are more than 4m airguns in circulation in the UK.
· ¼ of a million air guns are sold every year, along with 300m pellets.
· Air guns are limited to a muzzle velocity of 12 ft/lbs., less powerful than a cricket ball thrown by a teenager. Air guns above this power are subject to a firearms certificate. The same certificate and standards are applied to rifles and the UK’s licensing requirements are among the strictest in the world.